Income tax

Income tax is a tax levied based on your income. You will pay income tax here if you reside on Bonaire, Saint Eustatius, or Saba (domestic taxpayer), or if you do not reside here, but have domestic sources of income (foreign taxpayer).

Depending on the year for which you file your income tax return, you will be using the online return tool or the return form. Once you have filed your return, you will receive an assessment which states the amount you will receive or must pay. The amount in taxes you must pay or will receive depends on your personal situation.

The option of filing your income tax return (IB) online.

This year, you can file your IB return online again. This means that you can file your return through the website of Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland in an electronic format. Click here to file your tax return online through Mijn Belastingdienst Caribbean Netherlands

Questions about the online return

You can always call our helpdesk for additional information or assistance. Various times and special phone numbers apply for each island. You can find an overview below.


Mon - Thu from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 16:00

Fri from 8:00 to 12:00


+599 715 8585


Mon - Thu from 9:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 16:00

Fri from 9:00 to 12:00


+599 416 3941 or 416 3942

Saint Eustatius

Mon - Thu from 9:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 16:00

Fri from 9:00 to 12:00


+599 318 3325 or 318 3326

We trust that this online return portal will make things easier for its users and will optimise our services.

National insurance contributions

Just as before, national insurance contributions are levied simultaneously with the income taxes. These are premiums for the general old-age insurance (GOAI), general widow and orphan act (GWAO), and national insurance contributions. AVBZ (General Insurance for Special Healthcare Costs) premiums are no longer levied because of the introduction of the healthcare insurance.

Child allowances have been abolished as of the fiscal year of 2016. Child benefits have replaced the child allowances. The child benefits you receive are not subject to income tax. You do not need to report these in the income tax return.