Do I need to pay vastgoedbelasting?

If a private individual or legal entity owns an immovable property in Caribbean Netherlands not covered by an exemption at the start of a calendar year, vastgoedbelasting will be due.

An immovable property may be: a (holiday) home, a plot of construction land, or a company building like an office or a restaurant.

If the private individual or the legal entity does not reside or is not established in Caribbean Netherlands, vastgoedbelasting will also be due.

No vastgoedbelasting will be due in case of an exemption. For more information, refer to the “ Exemptions” section.